Resources and recognition
In addition to the general full and fellow membership benefits, when you join the scheme for members in practice you will have access to additional resources. In addition, we work on behalf of our members to increase the recognition of AAT members in practice in the marketplace.
Member in practice exclusive resources
- A licence certificate to display at your business address*
- Use of the AAT logo and wording on your business stationery*
- Use of wording agreed by AAT to refer to your registration on the scheme**
- Free unlimited access to CCH Online - an online resource covering a wide range of topics including accountancy, taxation, companies legislation and payroll
- Access to the AAT Practice Management Toolkit - an online toolkit with resources tailored to running a practice including factsheets, sample documents and podcasts
- A monthly e-newsletter The Professional containing updates and information for members in practice in the form of articles, podcasts and blogs
- Access to the CCH business support helpline for advice on taxation, VAT, payroll, employment and personnel, health and safety and Commercial Law. A voucher code must be purchased to access the helpline, for details visit aat.org.uk/technicalhelp
- An online directory of members in practice designed to support networking and business opportunities. Inclusion in the directory is optional
- An online forum, designed to further support networking and the sharing of advice and experience throughout the community of members in practice
- CPD conferences and workshops arranged exclusively for AAT members in practice.
- Over 250 other cost effective tailored CPD events offered annually
- Support and advice materials on continuing professional development
- A list of PII providers, special PII rates and a fixed premium policy for members who undertake a small amount of work for clients.
* licensed members in practice only
** registered members in practice only
- Over 106 mortgage lenders currently recognise accounts prepared by AAT licensed members in practice to support intended borrowers’ mortgage loan applications.
- The Department for Transport has agreed AAT licensed members in practice are authorised to sign off the Bus Service Operators Grants (previously known as the Fuel Duty Rebate Claims)
- Increased publicity by AAT to raise the profile of AAT members in practice. For example successful publicity campaigns with articles focussing on the value accounting technicians can bring to small business success.
- AAT enhances the reputation of members in practice through its responding to consultation documents and, in doing so, promoting the suitability of AAT members in practice to provide a wide range of accountancy related services.