AAT Boards and Council
In September 2001, a Board structure was set up to simplify the process for making decisions. This structure allows AAT to respond more quickly to external changes, and encourages the generation of new ideas.
The Boards are accountable to Council - they implement policy within a set framework, and make decisions on expenditure within the resources that Council allocates.
Learning and Development Board (LDB)
- promotes the value of lifelong learning
- helps to provide high quality learning opportunities for AAT members
- helps to provide high quality learning opportunities for organisations across all sectors of the economy.
Education and Training Monitoring Panel
- monitors the running of the AAT qualifications
- oversees the work of the Assessment Panel
- assures the quality of all aspects of the system.
Members’ Services Board (MSB)
- Increases the status and recognition of AAT and its membership.
- Creates a feeling of identity, common interest and mutual support.
- Increases and retains AAT membership.
Regulation and Compliance Board (RCB)
- Promotes, supervises, supports and educates the membership on ethical conduct and professionalism.
Resources Board (RB)
- Evaluates and advises Council on the resources it needs to support AAT’s strategic plans.
- Provides the infrastructure and staff to help Council meet its objectives.
- effectively and efficiently manages AAT’s surplus cash
- formulates appropriate investment strategies.
Audit and Assurance Board (AAB)
- accounting and financial reporting
- internal control
- risk assessment issues.
Strategic Advisory Workshop (SAW)
- Establishes and maintains the framework in which Council sets and monitors strategy
- Ensures that business risks are identified and prioritised.
Governance Panel (GP)
- Makes recommendations to Council on nominations to Boards and Panels.
- Advises Council on constitutional and corporate governance issues.
- Monitors the framework for the Council Members Code of Conduct.
- Oversees the procedures for the election of the Vice President.
E-Learning Steering Group (ELSG)
Remuneration Committee (RC)
- Oversees the remuneration policy (against which directorate and staff salaries are determined).
- Monitors the framework for staff remuneration.