Continuing professional development
Offering you a tangible return on the time and resources you invest in supporting your staff, our continuing professional development (CPD) framework underpins the professional status that comes with AAT full membership.
AAT professional members can use designatory letters after their name, benefit from extensive CPD support and have unlimited networking opportunities through our events and online forums. Members are up to date in the latest developments in accounting – keeping their skills and knowledge fresh for the workplace.
We provide exclusive support for our professional members, including:
- regular industry podcasts and email updates
- free or discounted in-depth training events on specialist updates and personal and business skills
- dedicated technical and ethical helplines for challenging professional situations
- unlimited access to networking opportunities through our branch network.
Supporting an application for full membership
An easy way to ensure your staff’s continued professional development is to support their application for professional AAT membership.
You can help by:
- verifying your employee’s work experience
- providing a reference to confirm their suitability for full membership
- paying for, or contributing to, their membership fees.
What’s more, if you pay subscription fees by Direct Debit, your employee will receive three months’ free membership.
Full membership for staff with non-AAT qualifications
If you have staff with non-AAT accounting or finance qualifications, they could still be eligible to apply for MAAT status, and enjoy all of the benefits that professional membership offers.
Our alternative routes to full membership include:
- part qualified, fully qualified and full member routes for UK chartered accountancy bodies
- routes from selected UK accounting or finance sandwich degrees
- fully qualified and full member routes from other accounting bodies.
You will find more information on our alternative routes to professional membership in the AAT membership section.