Joining AAT from a partner university
Our university partner route to AAT full membership is now in full operation, following the success of a pilot exercise with Birmingham City and Glamorgan universities. This path is ideal for students currently on accountancy based ‘sandwich’ degrees, which are similar in content and assessment structure to the AAT Accounting Qualification. In addition, the specific suitable work experience element will make these studentssuitable for AAT full membership.
Why offer your students at your university AAT full membership?
- Give students a recognised professional status to reflect their practical skills, knowledge and experience on graduation.
- Provide them with a continuing professional development (CPD) framework to help them to keep their skills fresh.
- Provide members with leverage in the job market; when employers see the letters MAAT after their name, they’ll know they’re dealing with a credible professional with a current skills set.
How do we support your university?
We aim to work in partnership with you to make a success of the university route. To support this promise, we will:
- provide promotional materials for the new route for your open days
- give you a dedicated contact at AAT to work with your staff to help to coordinate and communicate the route to your students
- set up a timetable of when this route will need to be promoted to your students, which is tailored to your university schedule
- contact your students to keep them updated on their progress towards AAT professional membership.
What will your university need to do?
You will need to work with us to help implement and promote the university route. This will involve:
- forwarding copies of your syllabus for mapping against the AAT’s Accounting Qualification (we will undertake an initial assessment free of charge, and the full mapping exercise would cost no more than £300 plus VAT)
- encouraging your students to take part and supporting them to ensure that their work experience checklists and professional references are completed during their placements
- sending completed checklists and references to us for assessment at the end of students' placements
- providing confirmation of the participating students degree results so that we can action their election to AAT full membership.