Professional membership - the benefits
Stand out with the letters MAAT after your name
AAT full membership means that you can use the letters MAAT after your name. With these letters, you can tell employers and clients you've proven your expertise - and made a commitment to maintaining it.
You’ll enjoy elevated professional credibility and status, increasing your opportunities for career progression and fulfilling your salary expectations.
But it’s not just letters that count; full AAT membership comes with a whole host of benefits and advantages.
- MAAT after your name - these are the letters that provide you with the competitive edge to move forward in your career
- UK-wide branch network - meet and network with fellow AAT members, providing you with support and the possibility of professional opportunities in your area.
- Accounting Technician magazine - delivered monthly and packed with expert articles, careers advice and study tips
- Online services - gain full access to blogs and podcasts from key AAT members and professional speakers, plus a wealth of e-learning resources
Once you are an AAT member, why not continue to build on your professional expertise with further accounting or finance qualifications? There are several benefits and advantages that come with AAT membership:
- Pay less for full membership: To support you in developing your skills, we’ll reduce your full membership subscription by over 50% during your studies
- Take your qualifications to the next degree: With generous exemptions on accounting and finance related degrees at over 30 UK universities, its worth considering continuing your accountancy studies. In addition, the AAT Accounting Qualification equals 160 UNCAS points
- Enjoy Industry-wide recognition accountancy: All the UK’s chartered and certified accountancy bodies recognise the AAT qualification and offer our members generous exemptions.
Professional development and learning doesn’t stop once you become an MAAT, and one of the crucial benefits of AAT full membership is our support for your continuing professional development (CPD), in order for you to thrive in a professional environment. Benefits include:
- Online resources - enjoy access to e-learning modules, podcasts, blogs, and a library of relevant articles.
- CPD events - choose from hundreds of free or discounted CPD events, delivered through our branch network and CPD Master course programmes
- Skills development - get to grips with the latest information technology, invaluable management skills plus personal development opportunities.