AAT assessments and coronavirus restrictions
The safety of students is paramount during this time, so it's important that assessments are only scheduled where it is safe to do so and when an agreement has been met by both the student and training provider.
Training providers and assessment venues that are able to remain open for assessments in line with their local guidance must continue to adhere to all Covid-19 safety regulations and guidance, and should consider moving to increased levels of online learning where possible.
The time it takes for you to get your assessment results will vary depending on the type of assessment you’re sitting.
The assessment result timeline is as follows.
- Results for wholly computer-marked assessments will normally be issued within 24 hours of the assessment submission, except for assessments taken on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, which will be released by the end of the next working day.
- Results for wholly computer-marked remotely invigilated assessments will normally be issued within 15 working days of the assessment submission, however on occasion it may be necessary to hold a result for longer pending the conclusion of any required investigation, if a flag is raised against your invigilation video.
- Results for assessments that are marked by your training provider, ie recognition of prior learning (RPL), will be made available within six weeks.
- Results for assessments that are externally marked by AAT, including the remotely invigilated externally marked assessments and the Portfolio Reflective component of the End Point Assessment (EPA) qualification, will be made available within six weeks.
- Results for synoptic assessments, including remotely invigilated synoptic assessments, will be made available within six weeks of the last day of the synoptic window.
All released results can be accessed from Your assessment results.
All competent results and completions are also updated against your Statement of achievement.
Result release dates for externally marked assessments
Externally-marked assessments, like computer-marked assessments, are available on demand and can be sat at any time throughout the year. However, we advise that you sit only when you are ready, as agreed with your training provider.
Results for these assessments are released weekly, based on the week that they were sat and submitted.
Results for these assessments, including synoptic assessments, are released throughout the day, typically on a Thursday. AAT will email you once your result is available.
If you’re expecting a result but haven't received it, we advise you to first check the timescales based on the day that you sat the assessment. If you've received a result notification email but are unable to access MyAAT or can't see the result, please contact AAT.
Download the 2020–2021 non-synoptic result release calendar (PDF) to view these dates. (Please note that this calendar is for externally-marked assessments. It does not show the release dates for computer-marked assessments or EPAs.)
Synoptic assessment windows and result release dates
You’ll sit your synoptic assessment when you're ready, as agreed with your training provider. You’ll need to check with your training provider as to the availability and schedule for completing these.
Synoptic assessments test your understanding of connections between the different topics covered across the qualification. They’re sat towards the end of a qualification and are taken at specific times during the year.
Download the 2021–2023 synoptic calendar (PDF) to view these dates across all three levels.
2021 synoptic assessment dates
Foundation synoptic assessment windows (FSYA) – 2021
|These occur for three weeks of every month. Download the 2021-2023 synoptic calendar (PDF) to view these dates.|
Advanced synoptic assessment windows – 2021
|Assessment week||Results available|
|1–7 February (AVSY)||18 March|
|22–28 March (AVSY)||6 May|
|17–23 May (AVSY)||1 July|
|24–30 May (AVSY)||8 July|
|12–18 July (AVSY)||26 August|
|13–19 September (ADSY)||28 October|
|8–14 November (ADSY)||22 December|
Professional synoptic assessment windows (PDSY) – 2021
|Assessment week||Results available|
|8–14 February||25 March|
|12–18 April||27 May|
|7–13 June||22 July|
|14–20 June||29 July|
|26 July–1 August||9 September|
|20–26 September||4 November|
|15–21 November||6 January 2022|
Whatever your result, we'll support you through your AAT qualification.
Progression to the next level will advance your journey from AAT student to AAT member, where we'll provide you with guidance, advice, benefits and services throughout your career.