This page contains all the information you will need to run and support computer-based assessments (CBAs) through AAT’s assessment platform.
Notice of SecureAssess downtime (17–20 January 2020)
We’ll be carrying out essential maintenance from 20.00 on Friday 17 January until 08.00 on Monday 20 January (UK time).
During this time, SecureAssess will not be available. This means that:
- students will not be able to sit assessments
- assessments cannot be scheduled, invigilated, marked or internally verified
- individual assessment performance data can only be obtained from Centre Assessment Results, via the MyAAT dashboard.
All of the above services will be available after the downtime from 08.00 on Monday 20 January.
Please make a note of these dates in your diary.
In preparation for the downtime, no assessments can be scheduled beyond Friday 17 January. Assessments that are scheduled for Friday 17 January must be submitted before 20.00. If the assessment is wholly computer-marked and is submitted after the 20.00 deadline, the result will not be available until Monday 20 January.
Practice assessments will still be accessible to your students through the Study support search.
After the downtime, you will not be required to check the version number or test any functionality as we will not be updating SecureClient.
SecureAssess and SecureClient versions
It is important that you are using the latest versions, which are (as of 17 November 2017):
- SecureAssess: 11.011.091.000
- SecureClient Central (web): 11.011.091.000
- SecureClient Central (installed): 11.011.091.000
If you're seeing previous versions, please refer to the Post-SecureAssess downtime guide (PDF) to update them.
Support material and important information
We continue to recommend that you and your students use Internet Explorer when carrying out any of the following activities:
- Accessing practice assessments in the Study Support Search.
- Taking non-invigilated assessments from home, specifically uploading documents for End Point Assessments and recognition of prior learning.
- Internally assessing recognition of prior learning.
- Scheduling and invigilating practice assessments on behalf of students.
If you are not able to use Internet Explorer, you can find out how to enable Flash for other web browsers.
As per best practice, please ensure that your browsers, software and systems are kept fully up to date.
Download the following PDFs for support on installing and using the SecureAssess and SecureClient systems:
- AAT SecureAssess Centre User Guide (PDF)
A comprehensive SecureAssess user guide for training providers and assessment venues
- 2019/2020 AAT fees (PDF)
A comprehensive document detailing all AAT fees, including assessment fees and method.
- Instructions for conducting AAT computer based assessments (PDF)
Instructions for administrators and invigilators relating to the conduct of computer-based assessments
- AAT SecureClient Installation and Testing Guide (PDF)
A guide for installing and testing SecureClient and SecureAssess
The following videos will assist you in using SecureAssess; you may need to download Adobe Shockwave Player to view them. They will open in a new window:
- How to sit an assessment
- How to sit an AVSY assessment
- How to assess
- How to verify
- How to create an assessment
- Assessment setup guide (YouTube)
Visit the following webpages to access further information on how to support students sitting their assessments and once they have received their results:
Frequently asked questions
The following FAQs may also assist you with running computer based assessments:
We have created a number of troubleshooting guides to help you with your SecureAssess queries. Each link will open in a new window.
Live assessment queries
- Screen freezing
- Unable to upload files
- Error 827
- User disconnected
- Error 926
- Accessing AVSY downloadable files
- AVSY student guidance document (PDF)
- Student guidance document for assessments that require third-party software (PDF)
- Unable to schedule assessment
Marking and verification queries
Post assessment query
Ideal for new staff members or anyone new to using SecureAssess, they'll tell you how well you know SecureAssess (and the correct answer if needed).
Each link will open in a new window.
AQ2016 graded qualifications
To view your students' percentage results for graded AQ2016 qualifications, log into your Centre Assessment Results online service via MyAAT. This information is also accessible to students via the Your Assessment Results service when they log into MyAAT.
Training provider webinars
We have created several webinars that cover a wide range of topics for training providers and venues. You can join our upcoming sessions and view previously recorded versions on the Training provider webinars page.