AAT bookkeeping membership offers you the opportunity to demonstrate your bookkeeping skills and expertise to employers, colleagues and clients. You’ll gain professional recognition using the designatory letters AATQB after your name and can even apply to become self-employed and offer bookkeeping services.
- Professional status and recognition: demonstrate your expertise and commitment to professional development as an AAT Bookkeeper with the designatory letters AATQB.
- Become a self-employed bookkeeper: apply to become an AAT Licensed Bookkeeper to offer self-employed services in the UK regulated and supported by AAT.
- Join a bookkeeping community: become part of a networking community, joining other AAT Bookkeepers at events, both face-to-face and online, to share experiences and support your professional development.
- Keep your skills up to date: once approved as an AAT Bookkeeper you’ll need to complete CPD to keep your skills sharp. You'll benefit from a range of bookkeeping resources, from e-learning through to the latest news.
Save money with AAT Rewards: your exclusive rewards site can help you save money on the things you buy every day. Find great offers on everything from cinema tickets to holidays and insurance.
Who can become an AAT Bookkeeper?
You can become an AAT Bookkeeper if one or more of the below applies.
- You have completed the Advanced Certificate in Bookkeeping.
- You have completed the Advanced Diploma in Accounting on the 2010, 2013 or 2016 standards.
- You are a current full (MAAT) or fellow (FMAAT) member.
- You have achieved any of these qualifications:
- ICB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounts
- IAB Level 3 Diploma in Bookkeeping
- IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping
- IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping and Accounting
- IAB Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or Advanced Bookkeeping
- ICB Level 3 Diploma in Manual Bookkeeping
- You hold professional membership of ICB or IAB.
- The Career Academy Certificate in Bookkeeping (Ireland)
- The Career Academy Certificate in Bookkeeping (United Kingdom)
- The Career Academy Certificate in Bookkeeping (NZBAI)
- The Career Academy Certificate in Bookkeeping (Australia)
Other qualifications will be assessed on a discretionary basis: please contact us to discuss your options.
How to apply
Applying online takes just a few minutes. Your fee will depend on your current membership type.
|Non-member||You will be asked to pay the AATQB annual membership fee when you apply. You’ll also need to share copies of your relevant qualification/ membership certificates if they weren’t issued by AAT.|
|AAT student||There are no initial fees to pay when you apply.
The next time you renew your membership, your fee will increase as you’ll pay the AATQB fee instead of your AAT student fee.
|AAT affiliate member||There are no initial fees to pay when you apply.
The next time you renew your membership, your fee will reduce as you’ll pay the AATQB fee instead of your AAT affiliate fee.
|AAT professional member||You can add AATQB status to your existing membership at no extra cost.|
We're here to help
If you have any questions about AAT Associate bookkeeping membership, email us or call us on +44(0)20 3735 2434. Lines are open Monday to Thursday 09.00-20.00 and Friday 09.00-17.00 UK time.