Help and support: assessments and results
Unless you're registered for the Foundation Certificate in Accounting, Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Professional Diploma in Accounting, you won't receive a percentage mark. Instead, students will be marked "Competent" or "Not yet competent".
- Results for wholly computer-marked assessments will be available within 24 hours.
- Results for assessments that are marked by your training provider, ie recognition of prior learning, will be made available within six weeks.
- Results for assessments that are externally marked by AAT, including the Portfolio Reflective component of the End Point Assessment (EPA) qualification, will be made available within six weeks.
- Results for synoptic assessments will be made available within six weeks of the last day of the synoptic window throughout the day, typically on a Thursday. AAT will email you once your result is available. Read the synoptic and non-synoptic calendars highlighting the release dates.
- You can get an estimate of your final grade by using our Grade Calculator.
Who to contact
If you have any queries around your results you should contact your training provider.
It can take up to six weeks for us to issue your certificate, and it can take longer if you live outside the UK.
Where to view your Statement of Achievement
You can access your AQ2010, AQ2013 and AQ2016 Statement of Achievement via your MyAAT account.
Please use the email address for your MyAAT login and we won't need to confirm your identity.
To appeal your assessment result follow the procedures on the enquiries and appeals page.
The enquiries and appeals procedure is not for:
- reporting an error in an assessment
- applications for special consideration. We have guidance on Reasonable Adjustments and Special Consideration for students with impairments that affect their ability to sit assessments.
Training providers can find all the information they need to run and support computer-based assessments (CBAs) through AAT’s assessment platform, SecureAssess.
You'll be able to view helpful instructional videos and troubleshooting guides for when you're running live assessments as well as which version of SecureAssess you need to be using.
Some key points:
- Assessments are available: Training providers and assessment venues are open for assessments and must continue to adhere to all Covid-19 safety regulations and guidance. Read more about assessments during coronavirus.
- Remote invigilation allows students to sit assessments from their own home. It's available for some of our assessments. Read our dedicated page on remote invigilation.
We'll keep you up to date through social media and your regular emails.