Level 2 standard
The Accounts/Finance Assistant apprenticeship standard: the entry level for an accounting apprenticeship.
Level 3 standard v1.1
The Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard v1.1. No new starts on this apprenticeship after 30 July 2023.
Level 3 standard v1.2
The Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard v1.2. Open for registrations from 1 August 2023.
The apprenticeship system in England aims to:
allow employers to design their apprenticeships
increase delivery flexibility
streamline and simplify funding
The apprenticeship standards put employers at the heart of designing the apprenticeship and deciding how to spend their funding allocation.
Apprenticeships AAT supports
We’ve supported the development of these accounting apprenticeship standards:
- Accounts/Finance Assistant apprenticeship: Level 2
- Assistant Accountant apprenticeship v1.1: Level 3
- Assistant Accountant apprenticeship v1.2: Level 3
- Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship: Level 4.
These standards have replaced the apprenticeship frameworks. They're two-page documents that detail the knowledge, skills and behaviours that should be accomplished during the apprenticeship, and outline typical job roles, entry requirements, apprenticeship durations and areas of progression.
Alongside each standard is an assessment plan, which explains what will be assessed, how the apprentice will be assessed and who will carry this out.
We support the delivery and provision of these apprenticeship standards alongside our accounting qualifications.
The timing and method of your application for delivery approval will vary depending on your current relationship with AAT.
- Read the assessment plan for the Accounts/Finance Assistant apprenticeship
- Read the assessment plan for the Assistant Accountant apprenticeship v1.1
- Read the assessment plan for the Assistant Accountant apprenticeship v1.2
- Read the assessment plan for the Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship