Coronavirus (Covid-19): paper enquiries and cheques
In light of Covid-19 and its impact on resources, we are unable to process paper enquiries at this time. Until further notice please make all applications electronically to email@example.com.
Please note we are also unable to process cheques. Please make all payments by BACS. Once we've received your application the Assessment Operations team will contact you for payment.
AAT has robust quality assurance procedures in place to ensure that results issued to students are correct and are an accurate reflection of their performance. However, you (or your training provider or employer acting on your behalf) can use AAT’s enquiries and appeals procedure to request a review of your results if you:
- have reason to believe that the result and/or percentage score for an assessment, or the overall grade and/or percentage score for a graded qualification or apprenticeship End Point Assessment (EPA), is incorrect
- disagree with decisions made regarding reasonable adjustments or special considerations for an assessment you have taken (where an application has been made to AAT)
- disagree with a result of an assessment carried out by your training provider.
AAT will carry out various checks to determine whether your result is correct. If we find any errors, we will correct these and refund any fees that have been paid as part of the enquiries and appeals procedure. However, it is important to note that marks or grades can go down as well as up.
Students (and staff at training providers or assessment venues) can also use the enquiries and appeals procedure to make an appeal against a Malpractice Review Panel (MRP) decision, regarding actions to be taken against them following an investigation into malpractice or maladministration.
There are two stages to AAT’s enquiries and appeals procedure: Stage 1 (review) and Stage 2 (appeal). A Stage 1 review must be completed before a Stage 2 appeal can be requested, except in the case of an appeal against a MRP decision.
- Read the guide to enquiries
- Read the guide to appeals
- Download AAT’s full enquiries and appeals procedure (PDF): further information on AAT's enquiries and appeals process and detailed guidance on each stage of the process, completing forms and timelines, can be found in this document, which you should read carefully before submitting an application.
Is it right for you?
The enquiries and appeals procedure is not for:
- reporting an error in an assessment
- applications for special consideration: if you'd like your assessment to be granted special consideration because of illness, a traumatic accident or a major and unpredictable life event (for example the death of a close relative) at or shortly before the time of assessment, please speak to your training provider for guidance on the correct procedure.
The current fees (as of 1 September 2019) for each stage of the procedure are as follows.
- Stage 1: Basic Review: £15 per student, per assessment
- Stage 1: Full Review: £35 per student, per assessment
- Stage 2: Individual Appeal (for Stage 1 or MRP decision): £125 per student, per assessment
Payment is required before your application can be processed. Payment can be made using BACS, bank card, cheque or postal order, using one of the three methods below:
- Included with your application form (cheque only)
- Via your MyAAT student account (AAT are required to invoice you for this first)
- Contact our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)20 3735 2468
If you wish to make a bank transfer please state this on your form. Once your form has been received a member of the Assessment Operations team will contact you via email to inform you when an invoice has been placed on your MyAAT account. You'll then have ten business days to make this payment.
Submitting your application
Please read the enquiries and appeals procedure document carefully before completing and returning your application form.
For each stage, you must send the application form so we receive it within ten business days of either:
- the publication of your result or grade, or
- your notification of a Stage 1: Basic Review outcome (if undertaken) or
- in the case of appeals, your notification of a Stage 1 outcome or MRP decision.
Send your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below.
Assessments Operations team
140 Aldersgate Street
London EC1A 4HY
- Form EA1A – Stage 1: Basic or Full Review (Individual)
- Form EA1B – Stage 1: Basic or Full Review (Group)
- Form EA2A – Stage 2: Individual Appeal (for Stage 1 or MRP decision)
- Form EA2B – Stage 2: Group Appeal (for Stage 1)
If you have any further queries our Customer Support team can be reached at:
- Tel: +44 (0)20 3735 2468
- Fax: +44 (0)20 7397 3009
- Email: email@example.com
Our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday, 09.00 to 17.00 UK time.