Our Employer Accreditation Scheme, with over 800 participating organisations, recognises employers that support the development of their employees through AAT training and professional membership.
Show your commitment to the continuing professional development (CPD) of your staff with AAT employer accreditation. A sign of excellence - it increases the value of your workforce, and sends out the right signals as an employer.
Free to join, the scheme enhances your organisation’s reputation as a progressive and forward thinking company which:
- Has a positive and planned approach to its staff’s CPD
- Recognises the importance of a highly skilled workforce to deliver its business objectives.
Help your staff meet their mandatory CPD requirements
Once you’re accredited, your AAT professional members will automatically meet their mandatory CPD requirements, simply by following your organisation’s training and development processes. This means they will not have to keep separate CPD records and submit them to AAT.
Long-term support from AAT
The Account Management team will help you get the most out of your relationship with AAT. What’s more, you will get exclusive benefits as an accredited employer, including:
- The support of an Account Management team
- Access to exclusive web resources, including study support materials and CPD resources
- Discounted rates on CPD courses
- Advice on trainee recruitment, apprenticeships and funding
- AAT Accredited Employer logo and certificate
- Discounted advertising rates on our job site aat-jobs.co.uk
Applying for accreditation is a straightforward process, with no costs involved. You can apply if you have no formal training policy in place, or only have a few AAT members of staff.
To demonstrate how your organisation meets our employer accreditation criteria please provide evidence of how you currently meet the training needs of your AAT members.
We ask you to include at least two of the following forms of evidence:
- Training and development policy
- Copy of an annual appraisal form
- Records of training and professional development
- Details of internal and external training.
To support your application please include details of whether you are currently accredited by Investors in People (IIP) or an International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) recognised body.
- All staff understand their roles within the organisation and how they contribute to the organisation's overall objectives.
- The organisation has a training and development policy for all staff which includes details of financial and non-financial means of support. Policy is inclusive of studying towards professional AAT qualifications and continuing professional development (CPD).
- All staff have an appraisal at least once a year to review performance and to highlight training and development needs for the coming year. Appraisal considers training and development undertaken in the previous year and how this has contributed to the individual's professional development.
- Organisation recognises and supports a range of methods by which their staff members can meet their training needs.
- Records are kept of the professional development undertaken by staff, and these will be made available to AAT for inspection if organisation is monitored.