1. Check you’re eligible to apply for a licence
Use our licence checker to see if we can support you to offer self-employed accountancy and bookkeeping services.
2. Download our Be Your Own Boss guide
Once you’ve established that you’re eligible to apply, download our Be Your Own Boss guide to help you get started.
This includes advice on completing your application and useful advice from small business advice experts Informi. You can also opt in to receive some useful emails to help you apply.
3. Complete your application
Once you’ve followed these steps, you’re ready to apply.
- Download the application form and carefully read the guidance.
- Prepare your supporting information. You’ll need to:
- Complete your application.
- Email your application to us and pay your fees.
- Finalise any queries with AAT .
- Receive your licence approval – usually within two weeks.
- Register with HMRC.