Disciplinary outcome: Luke Monks
Order by consent
In the matter of
Luke Monks MAAT
13 March 2023
Luke Monks’ conduct was found to be in breach of the Code of Professional Ethics and to have posed a risk to the public and/or undermine public confidence in the Association and its members as follows:
1. On or around 07 November 2022, he failed to disclose a creditor arrangement on application to renew his AAT membership and licence
2. He failed to disclose a creditor arrangement to the Association within 30-days of its occurrence.
Grounds for disciplinary action existed and the matter was suitable for exercise of the Investigations Team's powers under the Disciplinary Regulations.
Luke Monks is hereby:
1. Not permitted to receive and/or hold clients’ money until such time that his individual voluntary arrangement (IVA) is fully concluded
2. Declared ineligible to hold fellow member status until such time that his IVA is fully concluded
3. Warned about his future conduct.
Luke Monks passively consented to the decision of the Investigations Team in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Disciplinary Regulations.