Disciplinary outcome: Paul Tolhurst
Order by consent
In the matter of
Mr Paul Tolhurst MAAT
12 April 2023
- From an unknown date until on or around 09 August 2022, he failed to carry out an adequate firmwide money laundering risk assessment.
- From an unknown date until on or around 09 August 2022 he failed to have in place any or any adequate continuity of practice agreement.
- From an unknown date until on or around 09 August 2022, he failed to have in place adequate professional indemnity insurance coverage, in breach of AAT’s Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy.
- From an unknown date until on or around 09 August 2022, he provided limited assurance engagement services outside the scope of his AAT licence.
Grounds for disciplinary action existed and the matter was suitable for exercise of the Investigations Team's powers under the Disciplinary Regulations.
- Severely reprimanded, with the reprimand to remain live on his record for a period of two years/24 months.
- Fined £2,000.00.
Paul Tolhurst has agreed to submit to the decision of the Investigations Team in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Disciplinary Regulations.