Disciplinary outcome: Theveraj Thiruchelvam
Order by consent
In the matter of
Mr Theveraj Thiruchelvam FMAAT
18 October 2022
- He failed to comply with his obligations under the relevant Money Laundering Regulations while providing accountancy services to the public, specifically:
- From an unknown date until on or around 07 January 2022, he did not carry out an adequate review of his anti-money laundering policies, controls and procedures; and/or
- From an unknown date until on or around 27 January 2022, he failed to carry out an adequate risk assessment and ongoing monitoring in respect of one or more clients.
- For an unknown period of time, he provided trust or company services without being licensed by AAT or registered with HMRC to do so.
- From an unknown date until on or around 07 January 2022, he failed to maintain any or any adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) coverage in respect of TGH & Co Limited, in contravention of AAT’s Professional Indemnity Insurance policy.
Grounds for disciplinary action existed and the matter was suitable for exercise of the Investigations Team's powers under the Disciplinary Regulations.
- Reprimanded, with the reprimand to remain live on his record for a period of two years/24 months.
- Fined £3,500.00.
Theveraj Thiruchelvam has agreed to submit to the decision of the Investigations Team in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Disciplinary Regulations.