What is an AAT accredited employer?
Our accreditation scheme recognises employers who support their finance staff with AAT training and membership, and ongoing professional development.
AAT accredited employer status is a badge of excellence.
After successful accreditation you can officially display the AAT accredited employer logo in recognition of your commitment to training and CPD. Your organisation will also receive AAT support and resources, and be added to AAT's accredited employer directory.
If you're currently training your staff with AAT, running an AAT apprenticeship, or you employ AAT professional members (MAATs or FMAATs), you can apply to become an AAT accredited employer.
How will accreditation boost your business?
Attract and retain talented staff
What you'll receive as an AAT accredited employer
Our accredited employer scheme is free to join. As an AAT accredited employer you will receive:
The AAT accreditation process
AAT's accredited employer scheme is free to join.
Are you applying on behalf of your department, office or organisation?
If different departments or offices have separate training and development policies, you should apply for the individual department or office to be accredited as an AAT accredited employer.
If the training and development policies cover everyone in the organisation, then you can apply for the whole organisation to be accredited.
Who can apply?
If you are unsure whether you have AAT members in your organisation, we can help you identify any staff that hold AAT membership. You can apply for accreditation even if there is no formal training policy in place, or you have only one or two AAT members of staff. Following successful application, all AAT members in the department, office or organisation will be covered by the accreditation.
Length of accreditation
Employer accreditation lasts for three years, after which you can apply to become reaccredited. We will notify you when your accreditation is due for renewal.
We aim to process each application within three weeks of it being received by the Account Management team. You can complete your application online.
Employer accreditation criteria
Your organisation needs to:
- have a training and development policy for all staff. The policy should include study towards professional AAT qualifications and continuing professional development (CPD)
- recognise and support a range of methods by which their staff members can meet their training needs.
All staff need to:
- understand their roles within the organisation and how they contribute to the organisation's overall objectives
- have an appraisal at least once a year to review performance and to highlight training and development needs for the coming year. The appraisal must cover training and development undertaken in the previous year and how this has contributed to the individual's professional development
- keep records of the professional development they undertake, and make these available to AAT for inspection if selected for monitoring.
How to apply
You will need to demonstrate how your department, office or organisation meets the training needs of your AAT members. You must provide the following two forms of evidence:
- training and development policy
- details of internal and external training.
Additional supporting information Please let us know if you are also currently accredited with Investors in People (IIP) or an International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) recognised body.
If you would like further information on or have any queries about AAT employer accreditation speak to one of our helpful advisors on +44(0)20 3735 2434. Our lines are open Monday to Thursday 09.00-20.00 and Friday 09.00-17.00 UK time. Or you can email our Account Management team at email@example.com.