What is the AAT Employer Scheme?
Our employer scheme recognises employers who support their finance staff with AAT training and membership, and ongoing professional development.
AAT Employer Scheme status is a badge of excellence.
After successfully becoming a member of the scheme you can officially display the AAT Employer Scheme logo in recognition of your commitment to training and CPD. Your organisation will also receive AAT support and resources and be added to our employer scheme directory.
If you're currently training your staff with AAT, running an AAT apprenticeship, or you employ AAT professional members (MAATs or FMAATs), you can apply to become an AAT Employer Scheme member.
How will employer scheme membership boost your business?
Attract and retain talented staff
What you'll receive as an AAT Employer Scheme member
Our employer scheme is free to join. As a member you'll receive:
Exclusive AAT branding
AAT Employer Scheme logo and certificate. The logo can be used on:
- recruitment adverts, brochures and career materials
- the "about us" or recruitment and careers section of your website
- internal communications.
- Ongoing support from our in-house employer advisors to help you get the most out of your membership.
- Advice on trainee recruitment, apprenticeships and funding.
- Access to exclusive web resources, including study support materials and CPD resources.
The application process
Our employer scheme is free to join.
Are you applying on behalf of your department, office or organisation?
If different departments or offices have separate training and development policies, you should apply for the individual department or office to become a member.
If the training and development policies cover everyone in the organisation, you can apply for the whole organisation to become a member.
Who can apply?
If you're unsure whether you have AAT members in your organisation, we can help you identify any staff that hold AAT membership.
You can apply even if there is no formal training policy in place, or your organisation employs only one or two AAT members. Following the successful completion of your application, all AAT members in your department, office or organisation will be covered by the employer scheme membership.
Length of membership
AAT Employer Scheme membership lasts for three years, after which you can reapply to become a member. We will notify you when your membership is due for renewal.
We aim to process each application within three weeks of receiving it. You can complete your application online.
AAT Employer Scheme membership criteria
Your organisation needs to:
- have a training and development policy for all staff. The policy should include study towards professional AAT qualifications and continuing professional development (CPD)
- recognise and support a range of methods by which their staff members can meet their training needs.
All staff need to:
- understand their roles within the organisation and how they contribute to the organisation's overall objectives
- have an appraisal at least once a year to review performance and to highlight training and development needs for the coming year. The appraisal must cover training and development undertaken in the previous year and how this has contributed to the individual's professional development
- keep records of the professional development they undertake and make these available to us for inspection if selected for monitoring.
How to apply
You'll need to demonstrate how your department, office or organisation meets the training needs of your AAT members. You must provide the following two forms of evidence:
- training and development policy
- details of internal and external training.
If you'd like more information on or have any queries about AAT Employer Scheme membership, please speak to one of our helpful employer advisors on +44 (0)20 3735 2434. Our lines are open Monday to Thursday 09.00–20.00 and Friday 09.00–17.00 UK time.
Alternatively, you can email our employer advisors team at firstname.lastname@example.org.