At AAT we take our duties in relation to equality, diversity and inclusion seriously.
The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and wider society. However, our commitment goes further than this. For more information see our responsible business strategy.
In relation to all who participate in our qualifications we aim to ensure that:
- our qualifications are free from barriers that restrict access and progression, and they are attainable by all who can demonstrate the required standard by whatever means
- our qualifications and publications are free from discriminatory practices or stereotypes with regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
- assessment tasks and study opportunities are sufficiently varied and flexible to ensure that no particular group of student or would-be students are placed at any disadvantage
- all reasonable adjustments are made to cater for the individual requirements of student
- assessments are valid and reliable to ensure that all students receive impartial treatment.