Supporting your journey to career success
Showcase the skills and experience you've gained.
AAT professional membership offers you flexible options and the support, resources and advice to reach your career goals, whatever they may be.
Bookkeeping membership (AATQB)
- Take your first step into the world of finance as a professional.
- Stand out to clients and employers.
- Use the designatory letters AATQB.
- Apply to run your own business as an AAT Licensed Bookkeeper.
- Join a nationwide community of peers to expand your professional network.
- Build your technical knowledge with a wide range of professional development resources and career support tools.
Full membership (MAAT)
- Stand out in the industry and gain professional credibility and a competitive edge.
- Earn typically £4,500* a year more than those who are qualified but don’t have professional status.
- Access an expansive library of support and resources to help you succeed in the finance industry, including our award-winning Accounting Technician magazine.
- Get technical and ethical support when you need it through e-learning, webinars, free helplines and more.
- Get a discount if you choose to study for chartered status.
- Apply to run your own business as an AAT Licensed Accountant or Bookkeeper.
Fellow membership (FMAAT)
Once you've held AAT full membership for five consecutive years, apply to gain FMAAT status – the highest AAT designation you can achieve.
- Increase your earning potential: FMAATs earn typically £9,200* a year more than MAATs.
- Boost your CV and attract employers or clients with your FMAAT designatory letters.
- Connect, network and share insight with other senior professionals at exclusive FMAAT events.
- Get exclusive access to more resources on the AAT Knowledge Hub.
*Based on salaries for AAT members working full-time (non-Licensed Accountants): AAT Salary and Career Survey 2019.
Benefits of professional membership
Extensive technical resources covering key topics from tax to technology
A subscription to our award-winning Accounting Technician magazine (MAATs, FMAATs and AAT licensed members only)
Free events and discounted places at technical training courses
Exclusive offers on everything from cinema tickets to insurance with AAT Rewards
A reduction on your MAAT fee during your chartered studies, should you choose to continue learning
Then go on to ...
Be your own boss: become an AAT Licensed Accountant or Bookkeeper
Start your own practice by becoming an AAT Licensed Accountant or Bookkeeper and get all the support and guidance you need to succeed, including advice and tools covering practice management, marketing, anti-money laundering and more.
Become chartered with AAT reduced membership
Once you've successfully completed the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting you can go on to study chartered accountancy and, as a full or fellow member, receive a reduced membership fee while you study.