Disciplinary processes and tribunals
AAT investigates complaints and misconduct allegations against our members in our mission to protect the public from malpractice, maintain confidence in the profession and uphold high standards of professional and ethical behaviour from members of AAT. Depending on the circumstances, we may resolve these complaints informally or take disciplinary action.
Our Investigations team investigates the complaints we receive in accordance with the Professional Standards Handbook, which is available on request.
The AAT Glossary (PDF) provides definitions for the terms used in AAT's policies, regulations and guidance.
The complaints and disciplinary process
- Disciplinary Regulations (PDF): set out how AAT deals with complaints of misconduct by AAT members.
- Professional Standards Investigations policy (PDF): explains how we handle complaints about the conduct or services provided by AAT members.
- Indicative Sanctions Guidance (PDF): developed to promote consistency in decision making in relation to sanctions in cases of misconduct.
- Health and Disability policy (PDF): explains how AAT may take action on complaints concerning the health of members where their conduct or competence causes a risk to the public or to the reputation of AAT and its membership.
Decisions and appeals
- Publication policy (PDF): AAT publishes disciplinary outcomes, licensing decisions and information about its disciplinary or licensing procedures concerning members. The Publication policy governs this process.
- Appeals Regulations (PDF): detail how AAT members or applicants may appeal a decision of the membership assessor, Investigations team or disciplinary tribunal.
Disciplinary tribunals and appeals hearings
Disciplinary cases may be referred to a disciplinary tribunal for a formal hearing. Disciplinary tribunal hearings are held in public and the following details will be published seven days before the hearing:
- the member’s name
- the allegation
- the date, time and place of the hearing.
- Dates: Adjourned
- Hours: Adjourned
- Location: AAT, 140 Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HY