Understanding accounting systems and controls (AAT Essentials training)
This course shows delegates how to implement controls within the accounting system that can be used to protect the organisation from theft and errors before they take place. All organisations are at risk of fraud and this programme aims to assist business owners and managers who need to protect their organisation’s assets.
It's suitable for business owners and finance managers who need to identify and protect against potential fraud, as well as for those who need a good understanding of finance systems to ensure efficiency and help them train their staff effectively.
What it covers
Internal control systems and fraud
Cash, sales, purchases, payroll and expenses systems
Techniques for identifying issues
After completing the course, delegates will have learned:
- to understand the accounting system and its purpose
- how to implement internal controls
- about fraud and how to prevent it
- how to use management information systems to identify fraud
- how to read and understand key performance indicators
- variance analysis: how to use it to monitor and control budgets
- confidence and effectiveness when using financial systems to increase their efficiency
- the knowledge and confidence to use accounting systems and understand the tools they can use to assist internal processes.
The course runs for half a day.
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps. We'll send you a free taster training session and our course brochure.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. Use this link to register your interest in this course and we’ll let you know when we have upcoming dates.
|Thursday 23 November 2023
|Live online course
Steve has been developing and running AAT training courses since 2010, with skills and experience from working in management accounting, education, distance learning and e-learning. He has been an integral and innovative member of two award-winning AAT providers, and delivered masterclass sessions at AAT regional events and the annual training provider conference.