Fundamentals of financial accounting (AAT Essentials training)
This course introduces delegates to double-entry bookkeeping principles and focuses on accurately categorising transactions into accounts. It also explains how to account for VAT and the difference between accruals and cash accounting.
It's suitable for those with no or limited bookkeeping understanding and experience, and those finding themselves in a role where, for example, they must code purchase orders correctly.
What it covers
Categories of accounts
The principles of double-entry bookkeeping
The difference between accruals accounting and cash accounting
After completing the course, delegates will have learned:
- how to differentiate between accounting and bookkeeping
- how to categorise accounts and transactions
- the principles of double-entry bookkeeping and how to apply them
- an understanding of VAT and how it works
- how to explain the difference between accruals and cash accounting
- the importance of finance skills to enable their business to operate more efficiently
- how to make better business decisions based on finances.
The course runs for half a day.
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. Use this link to register your interest in this course and we’ll let you know when we have upcoming dates.
More dates through AAT training providers
If the dates above don't suit you, our network of approved training providers might have dates that do. Use these links to enquire with them directly.