Capital expenditure (AAT Essentials training)
This course teaches the tools used to support strategic decision making, such as how to calculate relevant capital costs and lifetime returns and how to present and compare diverse projects that have different costs and lifespans.
It's suitable for business owners and managers who need to ensure that capital expenditure is effectively managed and for middle managers wanting to bid for funds.
What it covers
Costing capital expenditure
Funding capital expenditure
Choosing between projects and managing change
After completing the course, delegates will have learned:
- to understand capital budgeting
- to understanding how aims and strategies affect capital expenditure
- to assess the benefits and drawbacks of outsourcing
- cost benefit analysis
- rates of return
- how to present information
- managing change
- to have more informed conversations around capital expenditure to reduce the risk of miscommunication or misunderstanding
- increased finance skills to enable the business to operate more efficiently.
The course runs for one day.
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps. We'll send you a free taster training session and our course brochure.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. Use this link to register your interest in this course and we’ll let you know when we have upcoming dates.