Finance for non-finance managers (AAT Essentials training)
This course provides a basic grounding in key financial areas, as well as analysing financial performance to help managers meet these requirements more effectively.
It's suitable for managers who have financial responsibilities and need to understand the content of financial statements and reports used in business, and learn to interpret this information and use it to manage day-to-day business activity.
What it covers
Understanding the income statement account and statement of financial position
Using information from the income statement account and statement of financial position
Using budgets to manage business activity
After completing the course, delegates will be able to:
- understand basic financial documents used in business
- interpret the information in these documents, and use it to manage day-to-day business activity
- be more effective in their managerial role
- have more informed conversations with finance colleagues to remove the risk of miscommunication or misunderstanding
- provide more insightful reports based on financials
- make basic finance decisions without leaning too heavily on finance staff, allowing them to focus on other business priorities.
Length and certification
The course runs for one day. Delegates will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the programme.
In-house courses for staff
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. These are our upcoming dates.
|Thursday 2 December||Live online course||1 day||£300|
|Tuesday 18 January 2022||Live online course||1 day||£300|
|Thursday 17 February 2022||Live online course||1 day||£300|
|Thursday 17 March 2022||Live online course||1 day||£300|