Managing cash: keeping your business healthy (AAT Essentials training)
This course will improve business professionals' effectiveness at managing the inflow and outflow of cash through exercises using worked examples.
The availability of cash enables a business to survive and prosper and is the primary indicator of business health. Delegates will learn how to record receipts and payments, and correctly reconcile bank statements and the cash receipts book, helping protect the financial security of the business.
What it covers
How cash is used in a business
The cash budget
Granting credit to customers
After completing the course, delegates will have learned:
- the difference between profit and cash
- how cash flow varies from budget
- how to assess creditworthiness of customers and mitigate risks of non-paying customers
- how to develop credit control procedures
- to manage different methods of liquidity
- how to make better business decisions based on finances
- how to provide more insightful reports based on financials.
The course runs for one day.
In-house courses for staff
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps. We'll send you a free taster training session and our course brochure.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. Register your interest and we'll let you know when we have upcoming dates.