Understanding and processing financial documents (AAT Essentials training)
This course helps business professionals keep records and understand the purpose of documents from purchase orders through to bank reconciliation statements.
It's suitable for those who don’t have any, or limited understanding or experience of bookkeeping and are in a role that involves first contact with financial documents, such as purchase orders.
What it covers
Buying and selling
After completing the course, delegates will have learned:
- how to determine the sale and purchase elements of a transaction
- what VAT is, how it works and how to calculate it
- how to generate customer statements
- how to check purchase invoices
- how to record payments and receipts of cash transactions
- bank reconciliation processes
- confidence and effectiveness when processing documents to increase efficiency and reduce errors
- the knowledge they need to make informed finance decisions.
The course runs for half a day.
In-house courses for staff
AAT Essentials courses are delivered by our approved expert trainers. These sessions are perfect for groups of staff that require the same training and can be organised:
- at your offices
- at an external location of your choosing
- as an online session.
Register your interest
Quickly fill out our enquiry form so we can help you with the next steps. We'll send you a free taster training session and our course brochure.
Open courses for individuals
If you want to book onto a course as an individual, we run open AAT Essentials courses on a regular basis. Use this link to register your interest in this course and we’ll let you know when we have upcoming dates.