This apprenticeship standard is at Level 4.
The below resources have been designed to assist with the delivery and completion of the Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship.
- Apprenticeship standard and Assessment plan
- End Point Assessment specification (PDF)
- Evidence template (PDF)
- Portfolio exemplar (PDF)
- Apprenticeship factsheet (PDF)
The Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship sits within funding band 11, capping the amount of funding available at £8,000.
Funding for this apprenticeship will be administered and managed by the employer and spent with the chosen training providers.
The AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting can be used as the on-programme learning element of the apprenticeship. This will enable the tracking of the student's progress throughout the term of the programme.
The Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship is expected to take 18 to 24 months.
End Point Assessment (EPA)
The End Point Assessment for this apprenticeship will consist of two parts, which must be achieved within a 12-month period:
- A role simulation giving the apprentice an opportunity to tackle a series of business-related tasks through a simulation. This will be assessed through the AAT synoptic assessment that maps to the AAT AQ2016 Professional Diploma in Accounting qualification (Level 4)
- A portfolio of evidence that demonstrates competence in the knowledge, skills and behaviours in the standard, which have been gathered from the apprentice’s practical experience in the workplace, combined with a reflective statement that draws on their portfolio. The reflective statement will be assessed by two Independent Assessors (IAs) appointed by AAT and will take the form of a written statement or a professional discussion.
Apprentices who use the Professional Diploma in Accounting as part of their on-programme learning will be eligible to apply for full AAT membership, meaning they will gain their apprenticeship and also the use of the designatory letters MAAT.
Apprentices who only complete the EPA for the Professional Accounting Technician apprenticeship, not using the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting as part of their on-programme learning, are not eligible to apply for full AAT membership.